Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am 48 Indian Asian origin & my PSA is 4.60ng.
, is

Customer Question

i am 48 Indian Asian origin & my PSA is 4.60ng .
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: is this a problem?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

This is an elevated level of PSA, both overall and according to age-specific normal ranges.

Although the PSA is a screening test for prostate cancer, there are other common conditions that can also raise the PSA level. For example, an infection of the prostate or benign enlargement of the prostate can also increase the level of PSA. Consequently, when there is an elevated level, the usual next step would be to see your doctor to look for evidence of any other conditions that can affect PSA.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

If I can help with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/