Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I'm looking regarding help with a hysterectomy and lack of

Customer Question

I'm looking for information regarding help with a hysterectomy and lack of insurance. I was referred to a specialist after a failed endometrial ablation. I lost my health insurance after I broke my back at work.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

The help that would be available to someone with no insurance will vary according to each state and community, so there is no answer that will apply to everyone.

Since it requires knowledge of the programs that are available in your local community, the usual next step that would be helpful would be to talk with the local Department of Social Services. Another option would be to ask financial counselors at the local hospital for assistance in identifying programs for which you may be eligible.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks. Sadly we live in CA and there isn't any help. We are low income but don't qualify. I might just have to bite the bullet and get it done. I have an auto immune anemia issue so my worry is consistent every month. I'll see what I can find.

If there are no programs for which you are eligible, then another option would be to consider referral to a teaching hospital. Since they are involved in training new doctors and surgeons, they may be able to provide care at a lesser cost to you, although you may need to travel further to be able to be seen.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That's a great idea. I'm about 3 hours north of los angeles and about 4 hours south of San Francisco so that it definitely an option. Thank you again. I'm sure there are options I'm not aware of.

You are very welcome.