Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Doctor, After experiencing mild right-side flank pain last

Customer Question

Doctor, After experiencing mild right-side flank pain last month, I went to my PCP who suspected kidney stone(s) and referred me to a urologist. The urologist seemed unconcerned, but scheduled a CT scan for next month just to be safe. Since all of this, the pain has become greater at the bottom of my right ribs, sometimes extending to the middle of my upper abdomen. There is also sometimes vague "pokes" of discomfort in other areas of my back. I really have no other symptoms (which is likely why my urologists wasn't very concerned). Any suggestions?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

In the worse case scenario it could just be a stone in the urinary tract.

It is usually the small or moderate sized stones that cause the maximum amount of pain.

Although the pain is extremely severe at times but it is usually not anything too serious.

I would strongly recommend in the meantime that you drink as much water as you can.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.
Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.
Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.
Kindest regards