Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Wbc elevated to 13.9 normL platelets and hgb neuts 64% but

Customer Question

wbc elevated to 13.9 normL platelets and hgb neuts 64% but anc elevated 1000 over normal
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: bun elevated creat 1.2 under a lot of stress.. had tah in december
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionThe most common cause of a raised white cell count is an infection. Usually an acute infection would not only cause a rise in the total leukocyte count (total WBC) but also raise the ANC (absolute neutrophil count) as well.So this may be the most likely cause in your case particularly if you are having fever or sore throat or any other symptoms of an infection.The BUN and creatinine is only slightly raised and not something concerning.Too much stress can also cause a rise in the WBC count and if that is the case, if you do not have fever or other signs of infection, then this is nothing to worry about at all and the only thing that you may require is a repeat test in a few weeks' time.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.
Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.
Kindest regards