Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am on Bupropion XL 150 MG a day. I was on prozac and

Customer Question

I am on Bupropion XL 150 MG a day for depression. I was on prozac and celexa before but I was always sleepy and gained lots of weight so doctor put me on Bupropion.
My problem is that since i have been diagnosed with depression I have had migraines and headaches every single days of my life. They somtimes dim down a bit but are always there...and most of the days I get dizzy and sick by the end of the day from my head being sore for so long. Anyways I have tried motrin, tylenol, aleve, advil, naproxen, tylenol with codeine in it and nothing takes it away. The doctor gave me a perscription for Ativan but it was only for 2 months and that helped for my headaches but doctor will not refill because of fear of addiction. The doctor gave me high blood pressure medication for migraines i have been taking for 2 weeks and when I take it it seems to make my head numb for the first couple of hours but than by after noon my headache returns. I have been thinking a lot and I have decided I am going to smoke pot for pain relief as it is natural. But I hear that there is a bad side effect mixing pot with bupropion...Is this true? And what If I only take 1 small hit of pot? What should I do? Thanks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

I have checked the available literature with me and there is absolutely no interaction between cannabis and bupropion.

So these can be safely used together.

What you have heard is not true.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.
Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.
Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.
Kindest regards