Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Iron levels test, Lab results 15/2/16: Iron 5.0, Transferrin

Customer Question

Iron levels test
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Lab results 15/2/16: Iron 5.0, Transferrin 2.2, Saturation 9L, Ferritin 46. Recently had abdomen/pelvis pain. CT scan on 10/02/16. The uterus is bulky. Cysts measuring up to 2cms are present in the left adnexa, most likely representing cysts. Small volume of free fluid is present in the plevis. The gallballder, spleen, pancreas and kidneys appear unremarkable. Previous surgery for fibrods in 2011.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Recent to Thailand returned 6/2/16 nausea, no diarrhea, loss of appetitate and lower right abdomen pain
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hi

What is your question?