Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I suffer from extreme anxiety, chronic insomnia and

Customer Question

I suffer from extreme anxiety, chronic insomnia and depression. Insomnia is the most dangerous, the cause of diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, early onset Alzheimer's, obesity and the list goes on. I have done my homework about ambien, ambien cr,lunesta and the new Rozeram. I have talked to the Sanofi company who created ambien and Ambien CR. I have received the information that doctors and pharmacists receive it and I found the information, wrong. I asked Sanofi where this information comes from and the answer was shocking. The information is based on people who have had a bad reaction to this medication. It's human nature to speak up about the negative, Sanofi had to agree with me. I've read studies and find it interesting that the same word kept coming up "impossible " it is impossible to overdose or die from this medication. Tested up to a whopping 5000mls. Doctors don't want to even prescribe 30ml. That is not enough for the extreme condition of my insomnia. Rozeram is new non narcotic and designed specifically for sleep. I was taking trazadone for sleep with my ambien and only recently found out that it's a anti depressant. I take an anti depressant already and I was terrified to take an anti depressant to begin with as I had very bad reactions to 2 other anti depressants. I am the only expert on myself. I am not a textbook and having done my homework and see that the dangers of not sleeping can kill in a great many number of ways. I feel frustrated that someone who has never experienced the hell of chronic insomnia. Someone can deny me sleep! I feel that there should be any of the non narcotic sleep aids above available otc. Please don't say habit forming. The habit of sleeping every night is incredibly important and if I have to take medication every night for it,how is it different from other medication that need to be taken daily. I think keeping your blood pressure down is a good habit and if it takes a pill everyday to do so no one has a problem. I don't think this is an issue that Congress, DEA,FDA,NED,DOCTORS OR PHARMACISTS should have any say at all as to my need to sleep and I feel that I am not being treated with the dosage I need to go to sleep. Why is it that anyone can buy ingredients for crack,but I am denied a perfectly safe medication to get some sleep every night?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 9 months ago.

have you tried other meds like trazodone?

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions, just reply