Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

My son who is 6 years old, woke up 5 days ago and complained

Customer Question

My son who is 6 years old, woke up 5 days ago and complained of seeing spots in his vision ( circles and squares - red, green and purple) and a headache. He suffers from headaches occasionally. I took him to the gp who thought it might be a lack of iron. He also advised to take him to an optometrist. My son has been on an iron supplement for a few days now and still sees these spots.
I also took him to an optometrist who performed a thorough examination with several scans and tests. The results came back fine with no issues detected. He still complains of a slight headache.
I took him to the gp recommended that I give him a multivitamin for 2 weeks and see if there is any improvement. He also referred him to a opthamologist.
Any idea what the problem could be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 9 months ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you.

Floaters, Flashing lights, colored vision all are related to inside of the eye. It can sometimes be a normal variation, but mostly problem in vitreous, retina etc.

This is not the one that can be diagnosed by General Physician.

Don't delay, show to Ophthalmologist as soon as possible.

He can examine the eye and tell what exactly is the problem and treat accordingly.

Please feel free to ask if any further questions. If done for now, please leave a positive rating

[Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "For Dr. Chaithanya only" in the medical or health categories.

Below link is the fastest way to reach me,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A little bonus from your side is welcome and highly appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He went to an optometrist who did scans of his eye ( inside and outside) as well as numerous vision tests. They took photos of inside his eye and said there was nothing unusual.

Okay, Is your kid having refractive errors?

Does he wear spectacles?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. His eye sight is near perfect according to the optometrist.

Okay, however, Ophthalmologist has complete access and instrumentation to perform an examination than Optometrist, so I suggest you consult an eye doctor once.

Please leave a positve rating, that is the only way we experts are compensated in justanswer.