Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Daughter vomiting bile burning stomach had egd gastritis no

Customer Question

daughter vomiting green bile burning stomach had egd gastritis no abd pain fever
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hello!

How long has she been vomiting ?

She has seen a gastroenterologist already and appropriate test with EGD -- gastritis can cause nausea and vomiting ....

She is on appropriate treatment for the gastritis with the Prilosec ....

Zofran should help to control the nausea .....

Dietary She would want to stay to a bland diet ....

Of active vomiting then I would advise liquid diet for 12 Hours >> Gatorade / Soups / Jello/ etc....

After 12 hours may advance to bland diet > more soups / saltine crackers / breads / rice / apple sauce / potatoes

That she sounds that she was diagnosed with gastritis and stated treatment and perhaps has worsened it sounds of concern that she may have had worsening and perhaps frank ulcer ....

She might benefit to add CARAFATE as possible to her current treatment....she could ask her doctor and it may be that a phone call might accomplish this tomorrow ...

Main concern is if too severe and she has been unable to keep fluids down for a while then dehydration may become increasing concern...some cases warrant treatment at ER with IV fluids

Another point with her being age 19 and female would be to ensure that pregnancy as a potential cause not be overlooked and failed to diagnose if that may be a possible ...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD