Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I keep having really bad pain in my upper stomach just below

Customer Question

I keep having really bad pain in my upper stomach just below my breast bone and between my ríbs . It is like a really bad cramp, I have trouble breathing until it goes away .
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

Chest pain of an atypical onset or first time chest pain of an unexplained nature in an adult over 40 years of age, specially with shortness of breath should always be taken seriously. I would suggest that you go to the nearest A and E or the Urgent Care to get your ECG done to rule out any acute heart conditions like angina. Once these conditions have been ruled out via a physical examination, ECG and perhaps, cardiac enzymes, attention can be drawn towards other causes of chest pain like Lung conditions, oesophagitis, acid reflux etc.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Let me know if you have other concerns about this.

Best wishes.