How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6954
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I keep having really bad pain in my upper stomach just below

Customer Question

I keep having really bad pain in my upper stomach just below my breast bone and between my ríbs . It is like a really bad cramp, I have trouble breathing until it goes away .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

Chest pain of an atypical onset or first time chest pain of an unexplained nature in an adult over 40 years of age, specially with shortness of breath should always be taken seriously. I would suggest that you go to the nearest A and E or the Urgent Care to get your ECG done to rule out any acute heart conditions like angina. Once these conditions have been ruled out via a physical examination, ECG and perhaps, cardiac enzymes, attention can be drawn towards other causes of chest pain like Lung conditions, oesophagitis, acid reflux etc.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Let me know if you have other concerns about this.

Best wishes.