Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

I SWALLOWED on 1/15/16 A 6 TOOTH PLASTIC DENTAL BRIDGE

Customer Question

I SWALLOWED on 1/15/16 A 6 TOOTH LONG PLASTIC DENTAL BRIDGE SLEEVE THAT SLID OVER MY MIDDLE TOP TEETH. IT had one acrylic cap in it . it was used for temporary aesthetics until implant location healed for a cap. cat scans were negative even with barium. i have mild soreness ,burning and pinching in lower right of belly button. i think its stuck. it has a slot that can trap the food. what else can i do? ive read of sonograms and am asking my GI doctor this week. I believe its too far into small intestine for endoscopy.
JA: I oddly love going to my dentist, it's so relaxing. I know I'm a freak but I love having a big white smile and he's the guy that keeps it looking good. Our Expert will help you relax about your teeth so you can smile too. Is there anything else the Dentist should be aware of?
Customer: no. my last message says it all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dentist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 11 months ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you.

In your case the best thing to be to undergo scans, with contrast, barium contrast [you said, it didn't show anything], CT scan with contrast. Endoscopy will not be much useful. An ultrasound and CT as I said before are helpful in your case. Yes GI doctor can help.

Please feel free to ask if any further questions. If done for now, please leave a positive rating

[Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "For Dr. Chaithanya only" in the medical or health categories.

Below link is the fastest way to reach me,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A little bonus from your side is welcome and highly appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com