Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I'm going to keep this simple. I'm stressed from work

Customer Question

I'm going to keep this simple.
I'm stressed from work (headaches, neck is soar, chest pains, exhaustion, cant focus, excessive workload, etc...)
i feel like i need some time of to "recoup" from it all but i feel bad for even thinking about taking time off.
i don't know what to do
(P.S, not sure if if its my computer of the website but the grammar checker sucks)
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

I am sorry that you are having so many symptoms.

However, it is unclear what question you are asking.

What information would be helpful?

I have tried to seek clarification of what information you are seeking and have not heard back.

If you were asking whether it would be medically indicated for you to have some time off, that cannot be determined over the internet and would need to be an assessment done by your doctor during a personal assessment.

Over the internet, I can say that the reason that time off would be considered would be directly related to the severity of symptoms, and it is the personal assessment that is best able to determine whether the symptoms are of sufficient severity to warrant the time off.

I would note that doctors will usually prefer to initially try to manage stress related symptoms while the patient is continuing in their normal life situation. If a patient is treated during the time off, then the treatment regimen may not be sufficient when that person returns to the stressful environment. When symptoms are particularly severe, then trying to treat while in the stressful situation may not be possible, but doctors will usually want to try to treat while the person is in the stressful environment, as much as possible.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.