Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My mothernlaw has swollen feet and ankles. She 92 and on the

Customer Question

My mothernlaw has swollen feet and ankles. She 92 and on the thin side, she takes fluid pills and blood pressure medicine. She had a stroke about year and half ago and is dizzy all the time
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Not sure what else to add, appetiate is poor. Blood pressure is good.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Suffers from mild depression.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

She needs to be checked by her doctor. Her retaining fluid and the accumulation of swelling in her legs could be caused by her kidneys fmgrowing weaker and having reduced rate of elimination of salts and fluids ....it could relate to get heart having changes as swelling of the legs may be a sign of congestive heart failure ...

She would benefit to keep record of DAILY WEIGHTS...this would be helpful information for her doctor ...

Watch is my she has shortness of breath / heaviness in the chest / very little to no output of urine then these would be signs that she needs to go to the ER.....

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD