khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I have a gh deductible insurance plan. Have numerous back

Customer Question

I have a high deductible insurance plan. Have numerous back and knee problems I have been able to control with yoga and exercise. But I have a few work related assignments throughout the year are are labor intensive. The days following I am barely able to get out of bed. Ibuprofen does little to help. Any advice?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Back issues are linked to a car accident more than 10 years ago. Knee problem happened at work a few years ago. Went to doctor who only gave me an X-Ray and said stay off of it for a week. That cost me $300 so I have never followed up because I simply cannot afford it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 9 months ago.

If you are overweight, you should lose weight with diet & increased exercise. Use both heat and cold which can relieve pain in your joint. Heat also relieves stiffness, and cold can relieve muscle spasms and pain. Apply over-the-counter pain creams. Assistive devices such as braces can make it easier to go about your day without stressing your painful joint.