Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Love only, I think we talked about this before. But now,

Customer Question

For Dr. Love only,I think we talked about this before. But now, with this daily glass of wine situation, I am more worried.Here is the paragraph:
"Estrogen deficiency, on the contrary, might bolster ZA action. Estrogen deficiency has been linked to increased expression of IL-1 (reviewed in [24]). There is early but intriguing evidence that could link IL-1α to the transition from latency to clinical disease. IL-1 has been shown to mobilize hematopoietic stem cells from the stem/progenitor niche. IL-1 is a TNFα target, and a recent report demonstrated that TNFα-dependent factors have converted latent breast cancer to symptomatic disease in a mouse model [25]. Both of these factors may activate cancer cells in the bone niche [25]. Conceivably, estrogen deficiency could thereby unmask latent disseminated breast cancer cells in the bone environment, making them susceptible to death from high local ZA concentrations."I am worried that when I wasn't drinking a glass of wine, my estrogen was at an all time low--in October, November and December of 2014. Then my doctor told me to have a daily glass of wine. So, in the Autumn, my dtc's activated. Then, in January, the glass of wine added estrogen so the zometa couldn't work properly and kill the DTC's. I think I"m in big trouble.Is there any hope here? The only thing I could think of was that they always say that people 5 years into menopause do better than younger people when they are on zometa. I'm not sure this would be true if low estrogen had already caused their dtc's to activate.What do you think?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Dr Phil here

Can I help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

We have address this in the other thread, but let me know if there is any additional question.