Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Past three years I have had this dull pain under my left rib

Customer Question

HELLO DR,
For the past three years I have had this dull pain under my left rib area(like 10th rib) when I lay flat and push in it feels like im touching a briuise. not great pain just there. I notice when I would stop working out for a couple weeks it would go away. Ive had all kinds of test no one can tell me anything. Now its been back for about 3 weeks and I haven't worked out but it is still here. when I sleep on my left side its fine. usually I feel good in the morning (maybe stiff ribs on left) intil I start moving around especially when seated all day. Ibprofin dosent help. what do you think?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

What kind of work do you do?

What previous tests/workup have you had done?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.