Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I just had an ultrasound of my liver and it says my liver

Customer Question

I just had an ultrasound of my liver and it says my liver span is 16.2 cm is that a normal size ? for a female who is 42 years old and 175 pounds and 5'6 inched tall
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'am so stressed out and have the worse family dr. that doesn't know nothing anymore had a test come back saying positive for hep c with a 3.3 result and the normal range I guess is 0.0 to 0.9 and the ultrasound also said that there is coarsened hepatic echotexture that is consistant with either hepatic steatosis or fibrosis ( cirrhosis)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello !

Yes your ultrasound indicates some enlargement of the liver ...normal span about 15cm span....

Hepatic steatosis = fatty liver changes ...a common cause of mild liver enlargement --- treatment of fatty liver changes would start with a low fat diet ....that would be main treatment for that ...

You do not list liver enzymes and these would need to be checked ( SAT/ ALT GGT) plus markers of liver function ( albumin, protime , aPTT, protein C and protein S)

The question of HEP C would need to be checked with a viral count for HEP C....if You are positive for HEP C then that woiluld need treatment as well...multiple anti-viral treatments are available be Hepatitis C now and options that are effective are available

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD