Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Bad cough 2 weeks ago..resolved now...but now left with pain

Customer Question

bad cough 2 weeks ago..resolved now...but now left with pain under right breast with deep breath that radiates into rt shoulder blade..on a pain scale 0 - 10..it is a 5...not constant, but present only with deep breath
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I apply pressure to site under Rt breast area..I can take deep breath better...guarding area no fever, no cough or any respiratory symptoms...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Have you tried anything for that pain? Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ibuprofen 800mg
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per symptoms this is typically a muscular pain due to a pulled muscle during cough. There can be an associated pinched nerve as well. Don't worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations you can try OTC tablet Aleve, 500 mg twice daily for 5 days. It is better and stronger than Ibuprofen. Massage the area with OTC Bengay gel twice daily and apply heating pads twice daily. Hopefully you will feel much better. If symptoms persist after that, see your doctor as you may need physical therapy but don't worry, I reassure you that there is nothing serious and you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for this information...will try the above as recommended...C.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome. Please remember to rate my answer. My best wishes and prayers will be following you. Regards