Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Olds Had an abnormal chest CT with several enlarged lymph

Customer Question

Olds Had an abnormal chest CT with several enlarged lymph nodes around the liver. I don't drink, what could cause this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Having severe back spasms that go through to my chest. Catches my breath when it happens. In December had a severe headache and back pain with dizziness.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your questions.

I did not get the first part of your question unfortunately.

Can you please let me know why the CT scan was done?

I mean what were your symptoms?

Do you have any other medical problems?

Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?

What is your age and gender?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No other medical problems, just the severe upper back spasms that radiate into my neck and chest. Female 48 y/o. CT was done in the ER with contrast, supposed to have been just the chest, but also did abdominal
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The Dr said there are several enlarged lymph nodes around the liver that need f/u. Of course my Dr never called back yesterday after I called twice.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.

There is nothing in the CT scan of the chest and abdomen to indicate the cause of the back spasms that you are having.

You should have actually had an MRI of your neck and thoracic spine rather than a CT scan.

If there are only a few lymph nodes that are not too enlarged, I would not worry.

However, if there are multiple lymph nodes and the number increases on a followup scan then you would require this to be further investigated.

Most common cause of enlarged lymph nodes is a previous or a current infection.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.

Kindest regards