khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I've just started cycling on a daily basis after being out

Customer Question

I've just started cycling on a daily basis after being out of the game for a year or so. I'm used to the normal saddle sores (and generally know how to take care of them). I have developed a cracking/rash like problem in the crease of my right leg about 2 inches long. It's really painful and I don't really want to stop riding during this phase. How can I best treat this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That was pretty detailed. What details are you looking for?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 10 months ago.

Can you attach the photos here? How old are you? Female or male? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can attach a photo later (not in a good place now). I will say it's a very thin (a couple millimeters) red rash looking problem that is exactly follows the crease of my thigh & pubic area.I am male, age 38. I am 6'2' & 245 lbs. No pills except daily vitamins (which I have taken normally for a while). No surgeries. No known medical problems.

Okay. I am waiting for the photo. Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did you even read my original statement? It seems pretty clear what triggered it.

Cycling?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Okay. waiting for it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This photo probably makes it looks worse that it is lol

It looks painful. You should apply Neosporin there and put band aids. Put thick gauze under bike shorts so that the lesion is not irritated when you ride a bike.