Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.
20638885

My name is ***** *****. I have this issue. reading.
, I

Customer Question

my name is ***** *****. I have this issue. reading.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I tend to have bowel movements that come out in small droplets. usually 2-3 times per day. I have noticed over the years that when I take antibiotics I have a better consistency and it all comes out in one. this makes me think there is either some type of bacteria that's out of balance or some sort of bug down there. but idk. just looking for answers
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I am Dr.Amita and I would be assisting you with your concerns today.

I suspect that you might be having a mild form of bacterial overgrowth in the gut.In this condition the amount of bacteria normally present in the small intestine increase in number causing different symptoms.

Antibiotics help by decreasing the number of bacteria and improve digestion.

This condition may be associated with irritable bowel syndrome .

You should preferably see a gastroenterologist who would be able to work you up and treat the condition.

This is the initial answer.Please reply if you need any clarification.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That answers my question. Thank you. If there are any other possibilities I would appreciate the info
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

This seems like the most probable cause as any infective pathology would not last over so many years.