I'm Dr Chaithanya, experienced Physician attending you.
The pain in Osteoarthritis should be relieved by gradual process.
These help you to decrease the stiffness and pain.
1. Don't sit knees cross folded. Avoid steps
2. Stretching and Physical therapy helps. Find a right Physical Therapist.
3. Swimming and Cycling helps
4. Warm compresses and Cold compresses alternatively can ease the stiffness
5. Use NSAIDs and topical pain killer ointments when needed
6. Glucosamine and Chondroitin sulphate supplements help!
7. Cushoining shoe inserts can lessen the stress on knee
8. Elastic knee braces are the best choice.
9. Target on healthy diet and weight loss.
10. Periodic rest is mandatory.
I’m glad I helped you today. If done for now, please leave a positive rating [Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr Chaithanya" in the medicine or health categories.
If you have any medical questions in future, save this link to reach me.
A little bonus from your side is highly appreciated!
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com