Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have the same bug I've had before. It makes me have to

Customer Question

I have the same bug I've had before. It makes me have to breath in deeply a lot, and I have a runny nose too. I feel really run down, and just don't feel good from it. The doctor I went to see a long time ago said she had done all she could for me, and I just have to get through it. I was wondering if you know what I could possibly have, and if I should go see her again and ask for an antibiotic.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

What is the diagnosis? How old are you? Are you male or female? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? When did it start? Is it consistent? Is it getting worse? Does anything make it better or worse? What tests did you have? What treatments did you have? Any other symptoms? Dos anyone around you have similar problems? Were you in contact with sick people? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wasn't given the diagnosis. A long time ago the doctor just said it was a really bad bug. I'm pretty sure it is the same one again. 33 years old. Female. 5'9". 157 pounds. My weight only changes by few or so pounds up or down. The bug has been consistent for a long time, but does not feel exactly the same as it did before. It has improved in some aspects, and worsened in other ones. Other symptoms include where the doctor says my vision "blings" out and kind-of being "stoned" she said from the bug, where everything looks like a stone, so to speak. The bug just really slows me down, and my breathing is more shallow from it. I end up having to breath in deeply a lot to catch full breaths. I feel really congested. I do not know of anyone around me with similar problems. A long time ago the doctor said that it is not a common bug. I am not aware of being in contact with sick people, but it is a possibility; maybe I was around a sick person at the grocery store or somewhere. I don't know of what could have triggered the bug. I don't have an medical problems that I know of. I have not had recent surgery. I am currently taking a pill of Unisom, a sleeping pill every night. My father has had very bad athsma before, and my mother had had lupus in the past.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You should ask your doctor the diagnosis. What tests did you have such as chest x-ray, chest CT, pulmonary function test, sputum culture? What medications were you on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will call her or go see her again then. Last time, she didn't prescribe me any medications for it. I'm guessing I have the same thing as I had before. Thank-you for your help.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Let me know the diagnosis when she tells you it.