Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

Trying to find out more information on my renal panel I had

Customer Question

Customer: trying to find out more information on my renal panel I had done.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ALBUMIN 4.4 g/dL 3.5-5.0 ANION GAP 3 15 CALCIUM 9.1 mg/dL 8.4-10.2 CARBON DIOXIDE 21 Low mmol/L 22-30 CHLORIDE 106 mmol/L 98-107 CREATININE 1.27 High mg/dL .66-1.25 GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE.PREDICTED 58 GLUCOSE 102 mg/dl 74-106 PHOSPHATE 3.8 mg/dL 2.5-4.5 POTASSIUM 4.0 mmol/L 3.5-5.0 SODIUM 142 mmol/L 137-145 UREA NITROGEN 17 mg/mL 9-20
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In addition to the renal profile already submitted I have been admitted twice in 6 months for biventricular heart failure
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ....

Please let me know , are you concerned about your Creatinine levels ?

Are you Diabetic ?

Regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not been diagnosed as diabetic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess so about the creatinine level but also what it means in relation to the other results
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for info ...

As you mentioned you have been admitted twice for biventricular failure and your creatinine levels are upper limit of normal range with normal potassium levels and other parameters , it is highly likely that because of poor kidney perfusion secondary to heart issue you have little deranged cretainine levels .

It would be ideal for you at this stage to have renal ultrasound to rule out primary kidney disease .

In the presence of normal other parameters with little deranged creatinine levels are not too much significant and I will also suggest you to recheck once Creatinine levels , as normal range also varies from lab to lab .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Are you there ...