Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Want to renew California medical marijuana prescription card

Customer Question

Customer: Want to renew California medical marijuana prescription card
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm 78 years old and have severe arthritic pain. I have three vertebrae in my neck that have become fused, also severe to moderate degenerative disc disease in my lower back.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

Renewing a Medical Marijuana Identification Card (MMIC) requires the same process as when you originally applied. This includes verifying your information and giving you a new MMIC and new number. If your medical documentation is still valid, you may use this for your renewal. It may be necessary for you to obtain new medical documentation. Your county’s program will verify any information they feel is necessary. You will need to contact their office for more information.

you can find your county medical marijuana office here

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/services/Pages/MMPCounties.aspx

what county in California do you live?