khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I'm currently in a hospital arrhythmias and dilated

Customer Question

I'm currently in a hospital for heart arrhythmias and dilated cardiomyopathy. One of the problems I brought up to my Dr are that I can't have sex or masturbate without my heart getting out of sync post ejaculation. My Dr says after taking sotalol I should be fine to "live my life" but I'm scared to ejaculate. Should I do it while in a hospital setting just in case? I go home tomorrow and I'm afraid that if I don't try, I'll always be scared to do it again.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 10 months ago.

It should be Okay. But you should masturbate in the bathroom in the hospital to see if it is okay or not. If you have a stress test with the medication and don't have any problems, you should be all right.