Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have a question about erectile dysfunction. I have

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question about erectile dysfunction. I have experienced ed for about two years now with no known medical condition as an underlying cause. An ultrasound revealed mild corporal fibrosis left and right side. The uro explained that can contribute to veno oclusive disorder. However my hmo doc said it's normal for a 35 year old to have mild fibrosis. I can easily get an erection to porn, and consistently. The uro said porn is like Viagra and didn't go into further detail. There is a theory that porn addiction can over ride the reward circuitry in the brain and lead to copulatory ed that can be reversed with behavior modification. Unfortunately this is a very controversial issue, and there seems to be fifty percent of doctors say this is a possible cause, while others call bs.What are your thoughts. Does it sound like I have a reversible cause of ed or is my sex life held prisoner to the tragic blue pill or even worse eventually a pump up stub being my only option.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

this sounds most likely psychological causes for ED

if you can get erections to pornography, then there is nothing wrong physiologically and nothing wrong with your testosterone and no veno oclusive disorder.

often times, during sex with a life female, you can have excessive anxiety and worry about ED

and anxiety itself is the biggest killer of erection there is.

if you have a wife or girlfriend or a regular sex partner, there are exercises you can do with them under the direction of a sex therapist to help you decrease your anxiety and improve your erections.

porn is not like viagra.

do you have a wife or girlfriend with whom you are experiencing this ED? which sounds like anxiety is causing?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

do you have other questions?