Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.
20638885

I somehow let go of one of those vibrating annul bullets and

Customer Question

I somehow let go of one of those vibrating annul bullets and now it is in my ass and I can get it out. It's about an inch long. Do I need to go to the hospital, or will nature take its course?? I'm so embarrassed! Help!
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I am Dr.Amita and I would be assisting you with your concerns today.

It is advisable to have this removed by a doctor as not removing it can potentially lead to life threatening complications including perforation, sepsis, peritonitis etc...

The foreign body being a hard object can cause damage to lining of rectum and lead to complications mentioned above.You should get it removed as soon as possible.

There is nothing to be embarrassed about it.ER physicians routinely mange these types of cases.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no way I will be able to poop this out?
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

You may be able to pass it with stool but we cannot be sure that it would come out with stool.

On the other hand the foreign body may get embedded somewhere along the rectal lining and cause complications.Therefore it is always advisable to have it removed as soon as possible.

It has been shown that delayed removal is fraught with dangerous complications and therefore removal should not be delayed.