Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have a question my left ankle just started having shooting

Customer Question

Hi I have a question my left ankle just started having shooting pain in it I don't believe that I have injured myself in any shape or form plus I am experiencing pain in my right leg also I don't know what to do I have experienced blood clots in my left lung twice in the past twelve years is this something that I should worry about or wait to see how it goes overnight and wait til morning I should let you know that I do have arthritis and a mild case of cerebral palsy please let me know ASAP thank you Theresa
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Do you have any calf swelling or redness? Regards

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, I haven't got your reply so far so I am going to post an answer for your help and later you can ask anything you want. Sharp shooting pain is never a symptom of blood clot. If you don't have calf swelling and redness, you can just relax because nothing in your description is related to a clot. The likely cause of this shooting pain is a compressed nerve. This compression can be anywhere from your back to leg. Don't worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC tablet Tylenol, 2 tablets thrice daily can help you a lot. If you feel better by tomorrow, you can take it for few days otherwise see your doctor but again without any worry for a blood clot. I reassure you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards