Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Just curious if someone used a clitoris that was used the

Customer Question

Customer: Just curious if someone used a clitoris vibrator that was used the night before could it contain any live bacteria if it was dry. I would say it was used 4 hours at least earlier..
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Would any live bacteria still be on a clitoris stimulator used 4 hours earlier and it was dry?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

there are normal benign bacteria on all surfaces on our skin and objects.

but most bacteria are not dangerous and don't cause infections.

drying the vibrator for 4 hours would kill most bacteria

I think you are asking if this vibrator could spread a sexually transmitted disease like chlamydia or gonorrhea or syphilis if used 4 hours before and chances are that it would not spread an infection like this after it was dried for 4 hours.

best to wash sex toys with soap and water after use and before use.

but I would not stress about contracting an STD from a vibrator used 4 hours before

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi thank you for the reply. So to confirm I should not have anything to worry about? It was a toy that a female used on her clitoris and I used on my balls and anus at least 4 hours later. Sorry I am paranoid because I am married and made a mistake even having any interaction with someone else. We did not have intercourse or oral or anything I helped to masterbate her and she used the toy. She forgot the toy and for whatever reason I decided to use it the next morning. Please confirm I have nothing to worry about. Thank you in advance.

yes, you have nothing to worry about.

don't let your anxiety get out of control with worry.

you don't have to worry about contracting anything.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com