Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I'm trying to figure out if I have strained back and

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, I'm trying to figure out if I have strained back and abdominal oblique muscles or if the pain is organ related.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it is on the complete right side. from the middle of my abdomen all the way around to my back. If you pull/tear your oblique's does the pain start right away? I know what I could have done, but it didn't hurt right away.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the pain in the front is intermittent and is like a burning feeling of sorts. the pain in my back is felt more when touched or I press back on my chair.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
would a pinched nerve be possible?
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 10 months ago.

Hello

You need an exam to have a diagnosis.

This does not sound like an oblique tear, given no history.

It does not sound like typical organ pain.

It sounds like it could be a disc problem in the spine.

Exam and MRi would be needed to confirm this.

I urge you not to wait, as the pain is abnormal.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.