Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My son started out 2 weeks ago with Strep, went to ER. Meds

Customer Question

My son started out 2 weeks ago with Strep, went to ER. Meds prescribed sent home. After a week he was now throwing up, not eating, another trip to ER, more meds. Today her tried to eat, still not keeping it down. As long as he is laying down he is okay, but when he stands up he gets dizzy, nauseous and chest and throat still hurt. What should we do now?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

he should get a throat culture to check for infections which can be resistant to certain antibiotics.

he needs to eat a bland diet of rice, chicken broth, bananas, toast, crackers, apple sauce which will be easier for his stomach to tolerate.

what has he tried to eat.

he should ask his doctors for nausea medications like compazine or phenergan to help his nausea

he can try ginger tea or flat ginger ale and saltine crackers to help settle his stomach.

he should try to sip on gatorade or sport drinks to help replace his electrolytes.

he might need IV fluids to help replenish fluids which can help correct his nausea.

he should get a chest xray or chest CT scan to check for pneumonia or bronchitis in his lungs.

he needs blood work to check for elevated WBC white blood cell count

and a sputum culture to check for infection in his lungs.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

do you have other questions?