Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have had what seemed to be Asthma like symptoms since

Customer Question

I have had what seemed to be Asthma like symptoms since 2014. I was seen by a pulmonologist who after testing me, said I had mild asthma. He proscribed an inhaler but I did not improve. Then every year we seem to escalate the medications I was taking. With little to no improvement. I was coughing up ugly phylum that was brown to green many times a day. Because of this I started seeing an ENT as well. He gave me some steroids and that seem to help a lot but soon as I stopped doing them the problems came back. When he had a CT scan done he could see that most of my sinuses were opacified. And he felt that he should at least open my frontal sinus so I could breath through my nose as I had not been able to for years. After the surgery I was able to breath through my nose but I still had the phylum and difficulty breathing especially exhaling. Then he tested me for allergies and they found that I had big reactions to almost everything plant form I was tested for. I continue to get allergy shots but see no improvement. I am at my wits end! And am driving my wife and myself crazy with my coughing. I have seen other doctors and went to other clinics. But nothing except for steroids seem to have an noticeable effect. I think I may have reactive airway disease because I seem to react to the smallest irritant including cold air. What can I do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,

I am online and will be happy to answer your questions.

thank you for your patience.

sorry to hear about your problems.

Are you allergic to aspirin?

there is a disease with aspirin sensitivity, asthma and nasal sinusitis/polyps formation.

did you get IgE levels?

what medications are you on currently?