DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My name is ***** *****. I have been getting treatments from

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have been getting treatments from a Chiropractor. I noticed under the left arm a half circle kind of purple color. I brought it to his attention and he said the treatment would not cause the spot. Well I had an intense treatment a week ago and now that same type spot is under the right arm. He contends it could be toxins coming out.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The doctor uses equipment call a pro-adjuster. It is computer run and advises what part of my back needs adjustment. He also uses some type of hand held equipment that is somewhat like a jack hammer on my back.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Please attach a picture here.

This is not from the chiropractic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I am 70 years old and am technically challenged. I do not know how to upload a photo. The issue is very strange. On the side of both armpits is a half circle that is purple and looks like a bruise. My last lab work showed low vitamin D so I started taking two tablets of D3 2000IU a day. I also take one tablet of Duloxetine 30MG for depression and fibromyalgia. This symptom just came up. Believe me after these chiropractic treatments I can hardly function. I had a treatment Monday and the chiropractor said that these treatments would not cause a problem like that. He said possible toxins in my system have caused it. I came to just answer because I cannot get an appointment with my physician for weeks.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

The rash is not from chiropractic.

His sounds fungal as one possibility.

It can be bacterial in this location as well.

You will need to show it to a medical doctor....not a chiropractor.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.