DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

Cindi been coughing 5dy first was a dry hacking, now can

Customer Question

Customer: cindi been coughing for about 5dy first was a dry hacking, now can hear congestion in chest, wheezing short of breath. very tired. should I go to urgent care or just let it take its course.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what type of details? I will say I visit my father in a nursing home daily (except for the last 5 days), who now has a spread of upper respitory infections and pneumonia.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Go to urgent care.

What you describe is not normal

Bronchiolitis, asthma, or pneumonia are all possible.

Do not wait on this.

Other problems are possible as well, for example, a clot is often obscured by infection.

Get an exam immediately.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.