Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

What to do in salivary glands? It has been swollen since

Customer Question

What to do for stones in salivary glands? It has been swollen since Friday night and does not seem to go down. I have been taking lemon with water and lemon drops and nothing works. Please help me. Thank you
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

If lemon is not working and since it has been more than 24 hours that the duct is blocked, the best course of action will be to go to an Emergency Room and have this checked. If compression, hot fomentation, sialogogues do not work, the emergency physician might have to cannulate the duct and start you on antibiotics. This can turn in to sialadenitis or an abscess in the gland that might require drainage if not treated early.

Let me know if you have further queries about this.

I only get paid for my work on this site if you rate the answer by using the star system on the top of the screen.

The conversation can continue even after the rating.

Best.