Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I live in a small town and my GP is rather annoyed by my

Customer Question

I live in a small town and my GP is rather annoyed by my constant questions and concerns. I tested positive for EBV about 6 months or so ago after finally getting my GP to check for something. I've had a progressive decline in my health for the past few years. 27yr old female with a lengthy medical history related to respiratory issues, gynecological issues and constant infection. I've lost 60 pounds within the last 8-12 months. 40 pounds came off in about 4 months and has continued since. I'm 5"0' and did weigh about 160lbs last January and today, I'm barley hanging onto 100lbs. I look horrible and feel terrible. I have no appetite, I'm so tired, have almond shaped node on left side neck with smaller ones near it, right side neck node above surgical site of clustered nodes removed in July... I think(biopsy was negative but I have little confidence in the surgeon or team), fever on and off, night sweats have returned and I simply don't know what to do at this point...
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ..

Thank you for your question ...

At this point after such a significant weight loss , it would be ideal for you to have a consultation with Hematologist , to rule out the possibility of Lymphoma as you have neck glands , weight loss , fever , night sweats so please consult Hematologist .

Good luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor.

certain mood stabilization medications can cause appetite loss

what medications are you taking for your depression and mood stabilization?

it sounds like you have had lymph nodes in your neck removed already by surgery and this didn't show cancer.

cancer would be unlikely in a patient your age.

thyroid hormone problems can cause severe weight loss. have you had thyroid hormone levels checked?

autoimmune disorders can cause weight loss as well.