Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Belching, pain under my right rib cage, nausea, with a mild

Customer Question

Customer: Belching, pain under my right rib cage, nausea, with a mild headache off and on. It feels like something is inflamed.This is the 4th day and although a little better, not much. It is stronger about 1-2 after eating. I have been eating very blan food for 4 days.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I press on the upper part of my stomach , between my rib cage , it is very uncomfortable. I am female, 57 and have had acid reflux for many years. Although I have had these symptoms before, I recall them getting better in about 2-3 days. This is day number 4.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ok, you can charge me. We might already have an account: David Frank, is my husband. I know we have had an account in the past.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel, I am on my way to the doctors.
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Your symptoms sound consistent with probable irritation of the lining of your stomach...diffuse irritation = gastritis or possible ulcer disease ( in addition to your reflux / GERD)

So I advise you to follow up and see your doctor ...prescription meds may help you more vs over the counter and test such as to rule out H. Pylori (= common stomach infection that may lead to ulcer )

So I would for now advise that you would probably benefit from over the counter Nexium/ Prevacid/ Prilosec or Zantac / Pepcid ....

2)--- continue bland diet to avoid GI irritants // avoid alcohol drinks/ coffee/ hot spicy foods/ acidic foods/ tomato products/ peppers/ onions/ citrus fruits / anti-inflammatory meds (= Aleve , aspirin,Ibuprofen) Tylenol is OK....

GIVEN time you should see symptoms improve...

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD