Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I've been experiencing pain near my rectum. 3 episodes in

Customer Question

Hi, i've been experiencing pain near my rectum. 3 episodes in the last 4-6 months where i wake up with a mysterious pain. Last night it occurred with a small bowel movement. No bllod in my stool. I've had a couple experiences with pain in my abdomin area as well.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ...

Important causes of rectal/anal pain are Muscle spasm surrounding rectum/anal canal , inflammation of rectum , fissure and some time Hemorrhoids .

Treatment depends on exact diagnosis , so it would be ideal for you to have examination by dr , so that exact reason of pain may be sort out for appropriate management .

For temporary relief local Lignocaine gel is used , nut examination is very important .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I have had this myself

with severe constipation, small hard bits of stool can cause rectal pain and diverticulosis pain which can wake you up in the middle of the night

the way to fix this is to bulk up your stool and get more fiber in your diet

you have to eat more fruits and vegetables and take a fiber supplement like metamucil or benafiber to get more fiber in your diet

this will help enlarge your bowel movements and help you have more formed stools.

regular exercise and drinking more water can help as well

fixing the small hard bowel movements and stools will help prevent these episodes from waking you up in the middle of the night.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com