Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Last 2 nights felt like coming down with something. Sore

Customer Question

Last 2 nights felt like coming down with something. Sore throat dehydrated. Yesterday sore throat all day. Went to me at 5 pm started coming at 130. Diahrrhea too. Very thirsty. Nothing stay down. Finally stopped vomiting at 5. Still have diarrhea and able to keep a little water down. My kidneys are super sore. My doctor closed today. Can it wait. Feels like flu. No I didn't get flu shot. I'm 51 female
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

sounds like you had bad viral or bacterial gastroenteritis causing vomiting and diarrhea.

this can lead to dehydration and organ damage if you are severely dehydrated.

you should go to the ER and get blood test to check for dehydration and elevation of your BUN and creatinine levels. you might need some IV fluid of normal saline to help get your fluid levels back up so your organs can work properly.

they can do blood test to check for the flu viral infection. if you do have it, you might need tamiflu antiviral therapy.

they can also do a throat culture to check for strep throat and throat infections.

you don't want this infection to get worse

the ER is always open at the hospital.

you shouldn't wait. you should see a doctor to get these tests done

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

do you have any other questions?