Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Thank you reassuring response, Dr. However, I am somewhat of

Customer Question

Thank you for your reassuring response, Dr. However, I am somewhat of a pessimist. I suffered a TBI 7 years ago and have read a lot and also went from having a great back to stenosis, a bulging disk, scoliosis within 6 months. So please bear with me. I attached a picture, please remember that It is a self portrait taken in a mirror, so no Academy Awards for me. Thank you for your time. Dale
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 10 months ago.

What is your question? Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is what I originally submitted to Dr Hoellering. I thought you had connectivity with questions, Sorry.I have only recently discovered that I have an umbilical hernia. I probably have had it for a long time, not realizing what it was. On a visit to my doctor, he diagnosed it, but didn't really tell me whether it was serious or what I should do about it. It is about 1 inch square. It hurts when it is pushed or if I have a heavy meal. I only weigh 185 lbs. and am 6' 2" so I am not overweight except in my belly area. If I am paranoid, I thought the picture would eliminate all possibilities or at least I could be directed to the right doctor to be checked out. My GP is not as good as he used to be. Thank you for your time.
05 January 2016 08:14
05 January 2016 08:25
Dr Hoellering
DoctorHi there,An umbilical hernia that size is not dangerous, and there is no reason to get it fixed yet. The only danger is incarceration, but this doesn't threaten you, bacause the hernia is so little, that no part of your bowels can be stuck in there. It has nothing to do with cancer and will never become one.
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry, I can't see any pictures....