DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My name is ***** *****. I have swelling throughout my whole

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have swelling throughout my whole body. I know I have a complex cyst that is wrapped around my right ovary. The OB/GYN that I am seeing thinks there is something more going on and believes the swelling isn't from the cyst. I want a second opinion. What do you think?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The last ultrasound I had in October showed my cyst to be a little over 3 cm. I have been very swollen (face, hands, arms...everywhere) since November 17th when I had a bad cramping pain in the area of my right ovary. The Ob/Gyn Surgeon ordered for a CTA to be done to see if there is more going on, I'm still waiting for the imaging center to get me an appointment after they get an auth from Blue Shield.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long is a bit? I have to leave for a work meeting in ten minutes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

A cyst would not explain swelling of the whole body, which would be

hormonal

heart

thyroid

kidney

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.