Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I got up in the night and reason My legs are very heavy and

Customer Question

I got up in the night and for some reason My legs are very heavy and ache. I'm a healthy 54 male. The only thing that has occurred is i am currently on vacation in the Bahamas and had a bout of diarria a couple days ago. I took one lomotal tab. The diaria stoped but the next day, this odd feeling in my legs started. Any ideas?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 10 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query,

Heavy aching legs with cramps usually occurs with diarrhea because when you loose too much fluid from your body you suffer from electrolyte imbalance and muscular cramps. The good thing is your diarrhea stopped you should focus on your nutrition and take good healthy diet to replenish your stores of electrolytes. Oral re hydration salts would help a lot. Take BRAT diet that is banana, rice, applesauce,and toast. You can take tylenol for ache. You would feel better in a day or two.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.