Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Thank you opportunity to ask you a question. I just had a

Customer Question

Customer: Hello Dr. ***** *****, Thank you for an opportunity to ask you a question. I just had a colonoscopy this afternoon and I was told that a polyp was removed. However, they didn't give me any instruction of food after this. I am supposed to work tomorrow (I work for a retailer) and I asked a nurse if I can go back to work tomorrow and she said that should be fine. Does this mean that my polyp was not so serious enough (hopefully small)? Also right after the polyp was removed, they offered me to eat a raison bran toast and a cup of coffee and I had them. I am from Japan and I searched about food after polyp removal via Japanese website and they suggest no coffee or caffeine for a few days. I have a little pain (not like gas but feel like burning pain) where the polyp seems like removed. Could you advise me if this is normal in this country?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This was my first colonoscopy and I did because I had a few cases in my stool (glue like bright blood were seen a few times in a few months) and reached age 50. I knew that there was a polyp and they told me that the polyp was removed. However, I didn't receive any food diet instruction after the colonoscopy. Can I eat normally? I don't see any blood or any types of stool after the exam (the exam was held about 6 hours ago). I can't reach my doctor since the office is already closed unless I call for emergency. I greatly appreciate your advice.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure off course
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 10 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Polyp removal does not suggest any special diet.

You can have coffee, raising bran after colonoscopy without problem.

You should follow a high fiber diet --fruits, vegetables whole grains to prevent polyp development.

In most cases polyps are harmless.

Polyp is common at your age.

Nothing serious.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/