Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have been sick nearly a week Dr said i ahve a urine /

Customer Question

I have been sick for a nearly a weekDr said i ahve a urine / bladder unfectionMy bloods are clearThe thing is, from all the meds, i have really bad diarreah and it wont stopWhat can i do ??
I will get de hydtraed
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

What antibiotic are you taking for the urinary tract infection?

You may benefit with the diarrhea to try Proto Bismol > one dose after each loose stool max 7 doses per day ...

Bland diet..( soups, breads, crackers,potatoes,chips,rice, starch foods or carbs = easier for you to digest .....light meals ...avoid much in way of meats / dairy / and Gatorade taking in good amount would help prevent dehydration ....

You may call and let your doctor know if the problem...some antibiotics ( septra ) may cause less diarrhea than others ( Augmentin)

I hope that this information is helpful for you Let me know if you have further questions or concerns I will be happy to get back with you If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards ,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was on - please see picThen azithromycin
And amoxycillianI am feeling awful - cant keep off toilet

So is the cephalexin what you are taking currently ??

Were you diagnosed with bladder infection or kidney infection? ( you may not know ...ok if not...)

I think call your doctor tomorrow as you having so much trouble with diarrhea .... I suspect it is associated with the antibiotic as that is a common problem....your doctor being most familiar with the time course and your history of the urinary tract infection would be in best position to help...

Measures that I mention above would still be helpful for you ...

Other measures may be considered ...lomotil...

I would start with the Pepto or Kaopectate / lots of Gatorade / soups and light meals ...starches as I mention above ...

Let me know if you have further concerns

I hope that you feel better soon...

Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD

If only bladder infection your doctor may have you stop current antibiotics ...considering a change may be alternative if more serious kidney infection is still a concern ...

Repeat urinalysis may be helpful potentially....

If you have very watery diarrhea ( and heavy frequent BMs per day ) and feel light headed / rapid heart rate then dehydration may indeed be a concern....

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He stopped me in the 1st ones
Then 2nd ones
And asked me to start the amoxilI am better now, sromach has settled

Hello again,

Ok it is good to hear that you are feeling better !

Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD