Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

Last few hours I've been have very sharp pain. The area

Customer Question

For the last few hours I've been have very sharp pain. The area of pain on the front right side of my abdomen, about 5cm to my right from the bottom of my sternum. The pain is very sharp and lasts 1-2 seconds and comes regularly from every 5 mins to every 10 seconds.Except for this I'm generally ok, feeling very tired but been moving house last couple days so lots of heavy lifting and little sleep.Otherwise I do have a slightly irritable stomach but nothing that noticeable.The pain is concerning as I've never had pain like this or in this area before and wondering whether it needs looking at.Ive attached a photo of the specific area the sharp pain is and at times feel the pain in direct spot in my back.I've picked urology on the drop down as it says I have to select something but don't know the issue so unable to make a decision on a reasonable selection so really need a general practicitioner
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ...

This could be pain of gall bladder or stomach , gas pain can also present here .

It would be ideal for you to have anti gas medicine available as over the counter .

Avoid fatty meals .

Nothing serious .

Good luck .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .