Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

WHY DOES UN-TREATED ASPIRATION PNEUMONIA ENTER YOUR SYSTEM

Customer Question

WHY DOES UN-TREATED ASPIRATION PNEUMONIA ENTER YOUR SYSTEM (YOUR BLOOD?) AND BECOME VIRULENT?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr Chaithanya experienced General Physician attending you today.

Aspiration Pneumonia is when you inhale your food, liquid or vomitus into your lungs. Generally when the food we eat is little contaminated by any infectious organisms, we overcome most of them by the acid digestion in the stomach, and by various enzymatic reactions that happen over all in the Gastrointestinal tract till we expel the unwanted as faeces.

But when you inhale if there is an infectious organism it reaches the bronchial tubes and lungs, and if it is potential can turn to virulent, or can cause systemic infection.

Hope I helped you today. If done for now, please leave positive rating [Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Chaithanya" in the medicine or health categories.

If you have any medical questions in future, save this link to reach me.

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A little bonus from your side is highly appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Any questions please ask, or can I request you to accept the answer with positive rating, nly then, I'm little compensated from just answer. Thanks for that!

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 10 months ago.

Please click on the 5th star [positive rating], only after which I'm compensated for the answer. I appreciate it. Thanks.