Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

My name is ***** ***** my wife has been constipated week so

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** my wife has been constipated for a week so we got her some laxatives yesterday this is the second day she is taking them all day she has had anal pain and is moving very little matter should we try the glycerine suppositories?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: she constantly feels like her bowel wants to move but it only at times comes out in pieces
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for this question

Yes, you could try the suppositories and if this doesn't work then get a fleet enema from the drug store

You have to be careful to avoid a bowel obstruction

If she gets belly pain, nausea, and isn't passing gas she needs to go to ER ASAP

please don't forget a positive rating. If you have more questions, just reply :)