Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Pain from waist down through legs and to toes. 68 years old.

Customer Question

Customer: Pain from waist down through legs and to toes. 68 years old. Good health. Eat fairly well and exercise. Motrin makes it better but this is not normal.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm stiff when I stand up, get out of the car, walk etc. Improves once I get "going". But sometimes prevents me from going to sleep at night for an hour or so (until I take Motrin). Feels like a "living pain"
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

your pain could be due to arthritis or pinched nerves in your back or poor circulation in your legs.

you might need an MRI scan of your lower back to check for pinched nerves

do yo have a doctor you can see who can exam your nerves and check your back and order an MRI scan for you?