Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Last three days started feeling some dizziness occasionally.

Customer Question

Last three days started feeling some dizziness occasionally. Now dizzy whenever I move.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

Do you feel dizzy in the sense of the room spinning or moving?? We refer that type as vertigo...

OR do you feel LIGHT HEADED as though you might faint ??

How long does a period of dizziness last ?? a few seconds or minutes ?? longer??

Does it help to sit down vs standing?

Have you noticed feeling the room as though spinning or moving to roll over in bed or to bend your head down and back up ??

We wish to screen for a couple of TYPES of dizziness ...

If you should be dizzy for reason of too low of blood pressure ( or similar for dehydration or potentially irregular heart beat ..) then you may have sense that you may be close to passing out... this we would take more seriously and I would recommend that you be checked soon for this type definitely...

Some types of dizziness may be quite harmless such as the vertigo type may occur to cause a sense ot the room spinning with certain change in position of the head. The most common and transient kind of this nature relates to the positioning of structures within the inner ear.. this type may usually last a few minutes and subside. This is Benign Positional Vertigo ...

I don't know why but my last two responses have said "customer" instead of that it was my response.. don't let this prevent you from helping me with your response as to the details of your symptoms...

If you should have other concerning symptoms such as chest discomfort /irregular heart beat/ nausea >> then you should get checked tonight to be safe .. going to ER to be checked would be the safest in this type situation ( thinking worst case might this relate to some dysfunction of the heart ...)

Most cases of dizziness may not require you to go to the ER but I need to advise you that some causes of this broad type symptoms may be that serious...

Inner ear problems may include Benign Positional Vertigo/ Labyrinthitis which is a viral infection affecting the inner ear / Meniere's disease which involves too high of pressure of the fluid of the inner ear >> these may best checked by an ENT but these would not be of the emergent variety ....

Do you have other symptoms that may point to the ears as the source of symptoms? Ringing in the ears or decreased hearing recently ?

Do you take any medications? Some may cause dizziness as a side effect ??

Do you know what your blood pressure runs? what is your pulse now?

I will be back in about 15 to 20 minutes >. please let me know what details that you can. I will be happy to get back with you!

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

I will be checking back shortly if you have further information or discussion....

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If I am still, it is mistly ok. My BP is 166/78. Systolic is normally in the 135 range. My pulse is 48, which is normal for me at the moment. I sometimes have A-Fib but not in A-Fib at the moment. I guess it's vertigo. It's when I get up and start to move when there is dizziness.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not take meds that cause dizziness. I do have some ringing in the ears. Hearing hasn't changed.

Hello again,

It sounds more consistent with a vertigo type dizziness. This along with the ringing COULD be Meniere's disease as a possible cause. So I recommend that you should consult an ENT specialist. They may be able to help reduce your symptoms. It would not be emergent in your case though.

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Let me know if you have further discussion. Take care ----

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you. I am very pleased with your knowledge and advice.

You are very welcome! Take care !